Requirements for students wishing to participate in the course:
– The student must be 14 years of age before June 14, 2019.
– Each participant must provide the school with a copy of a birth certificate to testify
to their age. In most cases, this evidence is available at the school; however, all
parents or participants should verify this with the main office.
Information regarding the class:
– The classroom portion of Driver’s Education will be Tuesday, May 28 – Monday, June 3
from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm for a total of 30 classroom hours.
– The student must be present for the classroom instruction in order to complete the Driver’s Education course.
– The Behind-the-Wheel portion will begin on Tuesday, June 5 and run for up to 4 weeks.
– The goal is to complete both the classroom and behind the wheel portions of the course by July 1.
– The cost for the course will be $110.00 for first timers; $250.00 for repeat course and non-residents.
– The class will have enough room for 30 students, so the first 30 to pay will be guaranteed.
A parent meeting will be held in the Library on May 16th from 6:30-7:30 pm. The driving schedule will be shared at that time. At least one parent from each family is required to attend.